To ensure a pleasant visit for all and the preservation of the museum’s precious artworks for future generations, we ask that all visitors understand and abide by the following rules.
to the Museum
- Please do not touch the artworks. Dirt and oil from hands may cause damage that cannot be restored.
- Refrain from photographing and videotaping in the Museum.
- Please use lockers for large belongings to prevent accidental damage to artworks.
- Please leave umbrellas in the umbrella stands.
- Please refrain from drinking beverages and eating foods in the building.
- We may refuse entry to the museum by individuals under the influence of alcohol.
- Please refrain from speaking on cell phones.
- No smoking inside the building.
- Please hold the hands of small children while viewing the artworks. Also, explain the museum rules of etiquette to them.
- When taking notes, please use pencils or mechanical pencils instead of pens.
- Please be quiet in the museum and do not speak loudly or make sounds that are annoying to other visitors.
- Please do not run in the galleries, as it may result in injury to others or damage to the artwork.
To Visitors to the Gardens
- Please refrain from entering with pets. (Guide dogs, hearing dogs and mobility service dogs are allowed.)
- Riding motorcycles or bicycles on the grounds is not allowed. Please park them in the parking area.
- Picking plants or picking up animals to take out of the grounds is prohibited.
- Playing with balls or other equipment that might accidently hit other people is prohibited.
- Do not enter the ponds or streams.
- Bringing alcoholic beverages into the grounds is prohibited.
- Smoking is permitted only in the designated Smoking Area.
- Please obey any instructions given by our staff when using the premises.
- Please take your trash with you when you leave.
To people sketching
on the grounds or gardens
- Please refrain from actions that may block the passage of other visitors.
- Please refrain from disposing of water/thinner used for washing brushes on the grounds. Take all such wastes with you when you leave.